VIDAZA® is indicated for the treatment of adult patients aged 65 years or older who are not eligible for HSCT with AML with >30% marrow blasts according to the WHO classification.Learn more
Home > Acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
Give your AMLb patients the standard of care for prolonging overall survival
- VIDAZA® more than triples the 2-year survival rate in WHO AMLb patients compared to CCR (50% for VIDAZA® vs. 16% CCR†, p=0.0007)1
- Patients should be treated as long as they continue to benefit or until disease progression2
- VIDAZA® has a well-characterized side effect profile. In most cases, side effects are transient and can be managed with appropriate treatment2
I am a prescriber of VIDAZA® seeking tips for successful treatment
Learn more about the proper dosing and administration of VIDAZA® >
I am considering VIDAZA® for my patient and am seeking efficacy data
Learn more about the efficacy and potential benefits of VIDAZA® for patients with AMLb >
I am interested in clinical trial information and seeking informational resources
Learn more about the results of two clinical studies investigating VIDAZA® >
- I need dosing & administration tips for patients I treat with VIDAZA® for AMLb.
- I am interested in VIDAZA® clinical trial results in AMLb.
- I want to learn more about AML.
- I am seeking safety and side effects information for VIDAZA® for AMLb.
- I want to learn about potential survival benefits with VIDAZA® for patients with AMLb.
- Should I continue treatment with VIDAZA® for my AML patientsb.
- I want to learn more about the efficacy of VIDAZA® for patients with AMLb.
†Conventional care regimens (Best supportive care [BSC] only, included in each arm, n=105; Low dose Ara-C [LDAC, 20 mg/m2/d x 14d q28d], n=49; Intensive chemo [Ara-C, 100-200 mg/m2/d by continuous IV infusion x 7d+3d IV daunorubicin 45-60 mg/m2/d, idarubicin 9-12 mg/m2/d, or mitoxantrone 8-12 mg/m2/d], n=25
- Fenaux et al. J Clin Oncol. 2010. 28: 562-569.
- Santini V et al. Eur J haematol 2010; 85: 130-38;.
- Fenaux P et al. Leuk Res 2010; 34(11): 1410-16.
- Silverman LT et al. Cancer. 2011. 117: 2697-2702.
- VIDAZA® Summary of Product Characteristics, 2011.
a. MDS-specific Indication
VIDAZA® is indicated for the treatment of adult patients who are not eligible for haematopoietic stem cell transplantation with:
- intermediate-2 and high-risk myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) according to the International Prognostic Scoring System (IPSS),
- chronic myelomonocytic leukaemia (CMML) with 10-29% marrow blasts without myeloproliferative disorder
b. AML-specific Indication:
Treatment of adult AML patients who are not eligible for haematopoietic stem cell transplantation with 20-30% blasts and multi-lineage dysplasia, according to the WHO classification. WHO classifies RAEB-T patients with blasts ≥20% to <30% as AML patients.
This is an international website for VIDAZA® and is intended for healthcare professionals outside the US. The information on this site is not country-specific and may contain information that is outside the approved indications in the country in which you are located.
The information on this website is based on the European Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC). Please refer to your country-specific website, or contact a Celgene representative in your country for the latest information specific to your country.